Interface controller with built-in I/Os for Remote Operation/Monitoring EM-486 provides access to readings of communicable devices, gauges and sensors from their registers of Modbus connected via RS-485 interface with the help of text SMS messages, automatic data gathering from the selected devices, transmitting the gathered data via GPRS or Ethernet to various SCADA interfaces, automatic transmitting SMS alarms of state of selected devices.
- Flexible options of connection (via wire or wireless communication, automatic method selection of communicating with a server, automatic or manual selection of GSM provider and communication parameters, resetting of MAC-address and other Ethernet settings);
- Protection of access (password for setting mode, filter of IP-address for setting or connection to Modbus network, connection only to the selected server with automatic log-in, password for control via SMS);
- Different modes of data interchange via Modbus network (RTU or ASCII, with checking of parity for even-odds or without checking, wide range of transmitting rate, adjustable delay);
- Programmable relay outputs for reaction at events and alarms;
- Programmable inputs for sensors;
- Power output for sensors;
- Reserve power supply input;
- Service functions (saving the collected data to flash memory card including the restoring of transmitting in case of communication break down, data single sourcing on the selected external server, software updating option).
- EM-486 meets the requirements of IEC 60950-1:2001 Data processing devices.
EM-486 provides control for MODBUS devices in RS-485 network via Ethernet interfaces or GPRS, or via the SMS. The unit also allows to read data from devices by MODBUS or from connected sensors.
The processor supports connection to the accumulating data cloud server via Ethernet network with a help of micro chip of physical interface of Ethernet (or via GPRS with a help of inbuilt GSM-modem, if connection via Ethernet is not available).
In addition, EM-486 can be connected to Ethernet via MODBUS TCP Protocol to exchange data with MODBUS devices, or with the product. The controller receives and processes SMS with a password and command read/write for Modbus devices.
When inserting a memory card the product reads the internal memory for operational logic – program for data collection and tracking of events. The program runs in the background mode.
Product stores in the internal memory the network settings, parameters of inputs and outputs, the logic of action, the collected data log.
- Item Code: EM-486
- Port of Dispatch: New Delhi, India
Technical specifications of the unit:
Operating supply voltage, VAC
Supply line frequency, Hz
45 – 65
Data Exchange Interface over the Ethernet network
10Base-T / 100Base-T
Supported Ethernet protocols
UDP, ARP, TCP
Data Exchange Interface over wireless network
Supported standards of wireless network
Modbus TCP, HTTP
Maximum number of connections over the Modbus TCP protocol
Data Exchange Interface over the Modbus network
Supported protocols of Modbus network
Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII
Maximal output voltage of driver RS-485, V
Short circuit output voltage of driver RS-485 (maximal), mA
Resistance of inbuilt terminator, Ohm
70–1 000 Ohm or deactivated
The recommended number of connected devices in Modbus network
– at input voltage of receivers on bus RS-485 not more than 0,125 mA
– at input voltage of receivers on bus RS-485 not more than 1 mA
Not more, 256
Not more, 32
Readiness time at power switching on, sec, not more than
Precision measurements of voltage, mV, not more than
Precision measurements of current, mA, not more than
Precision measurements of temperature, °C, not more than
Rated voltage direct current back supply , V
Voltage supply, at which operability is maintained:
– alternative current, V
90 – 265
127 – 375
Back supply voltage at which operability is maintained, V
9 – 16
Power consumption (under pressure), W, not more than
The maximum switched current of output pins, A
Types of the connected gauges
– gauge with voltage output to 10 V
– gauge with current output to 20 mA
– ‘dry contact’
– NTC temperature gauge
The maximum voltage on the universal input, V
The maximum current through the universal input, mА
The voltage of sensors power output, V
The maximum current of sensors power output, А
Programmable relay outputs with switching contacts, pcs.
Commutation service life of output contacts:
– electrical service life under load 16 A(cos φ = 1,0), times, not less
– mechanical service life, times, not less
10 000 000
Nominal operation condition
The protection level
Permissible pollution density
Protection class against electrical shock
Rated insulation voltage, V
Rated impulse withstand voltage, kV
Cross section of wires of connection terminals, mm²
Maximal tightening torque of terminals external screws, N*m
Weight, kg, not more than
Overall dimensions, H*B*L, mm
– with installed antenna
– without antenna
157 х 112 х 56
157 x 99 x 56
Standard 35 mm DIN rail mounting
Housing material – self-extinguishing plastic
* Connections on the Ethernet networks/Internet can take more time.
EM-486 meets the requirements of ІEC 60950-1:2001 Data processing devices. Safety measures. Part 1. General requirements.
Low voltage complaint switchgears. Part 1. General rules (IEC 60947-1:2004, ІDТ).
Electromagnetic compatibility. Equipment is industrial, scientific and medical radio-frequency. Characteristics of electromagnetic interference. Limits and methods of measurement (CISPR 11:2004, IDT).
Low-voltage switchgear and control-gear. Part 6-1. Multiple function equipment. Transfer switching equipment (ІEC 60947-6-1:2005, ІDT);
Electromagnetic compatibility. Limits and methods of measurement of radio disturbance characteristics of broadcast receivers and associated equipment (EN 55013:1997, ІDT)
Harmful substances in quantities exceeding the maximum permissible concentrations are not available.